Tuesday, February 8, 2011

新年快樂 ♥

Today is the last day of holiday week in China or East Asia (or wherever). I'd like to dedicate this blog to all fellow sessy AzNs and those who endorse these events!




With this post I'd like to share music from my cultural background and other east Asian nationalities. This song in particular (which has bit of a more limited access) is one I'd like to introduce separately, as I do have some history behind it also.

When I was a wee little one (around 11 years old), my parents handed down a cassette of Vietnamese songs sung by Thái Hiền when she was probably around the same age as I was when I started listening to her. All the songs were recorded sometime before 1975 and written by her father, Phạm Duy. Phạm Duy is one of the most notable song-writers during the Vietnam War period. This collection of songs sung by his young daughter are about coming of age and various children's themes (magic & myth, going to school and just lovin' life, man). I used to listen to this tape every night before I slept ♥

Tuổi Hồng by Thái Hiền (1974)



And here is a full tracklist! Songs are selected by yours truly, Shawnzzy, and my ol' buddy Blaine!






2011 is year of the rabbit teehee




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, the glamorous singer/DJ, Mademoiselle Yulia (they say she is like the Japanese counterpart of Lady Gaga). Anyway, she was part of the lineup in Countdown Seoul 2011 along with Ed Banger buddies Busy P and DJ Mehdi (why did I have to miss it? *tear*). She can DJ at my party anyday..




Here be the highlights of downtown Seoul's New Year celebration (Gregorian/"civil" calendar).

COUNTDOWN SEOUL 2011 @TIMES SQUARE Review from LOCKSMITH by SHYOSHYO'type on Vimeo.




I have no idea who this is or what the song's about, but it's a neat vocaloid track..





....and this is how adolescent lovers should greet each other




Chúc Mừng Năm Mới ♥♥





No comments:

Post a Comment